Translate

Saturday 25 January 2014

DRUNKEN MUSINGS AT THE ROYAL HISTORICAL SOCIETY

There is this one thing
I have never figured out...

How they did it
In Medieval times?
What with the guy
Clunking around
In all that armour?
Not exactly
Conducive to
"l'amour"...

Ok, it must have had
A sort of metallic glamour-
But really! How do you
Get the "stuff" out?
Did they do an integral strip?
Or just merrily flip
Open a little metal door?
They didn't exactly
Have can-openers
In those days...


The mind boggles,
And with all those
Catches and toggles,
Surely the patience 

(hi hi hi) flagged?


Remember that Keats thingy?
"Oh what can ail thee, 

knight-at-arms, Alone 
And palely loitering?"

The guy would probably 

Have replied
"My strength was of ten,
My sword held high
But the Belle Dame Sans Merci
Ran off with the other guy"

Swine-herd, last I heard,

And I just bet he bragged...


Manuela Cardiga

No comments:

Post a Comment