Translate

Wednesday 16 July 2014

NARCYSSUS SMILED, ECHO DIED

your greed
to be
the centre
of attention
and affection
counts
no cost

your creed
in the saving
grace
of your own face
gives you
leave
to act
at will.

you feed
your will,
and savour
the power;
you feed me
the flavour
of this bitter pill
and I cower

there is no
choice,
for me
no choice:
this moment
brings no choice

but oh the next
as yet untainted
by regret,
is mine
not yours.

so I bow,
I bow before
your frown,
I cower before
your power.

do as you will
feed your need
your creed
by every deed

I let it go
I let you go.
I let no more
anger grow in me,
 no more:
I give you
your victory

but I pity you,
I pity your passion
for your own
shallow reflection;

I pity your need
for the sound
of Echo,
the echo
"no will but yours
no will
no will
no will..."

you hear
that musical tone?
it explains
why you are
so ultimately
alone.


Manuela Cardiga


No comments:

Post a Comment