Translate

Monday 9 March 2015

READ AN EXCERPT! Ami C. Samuel's "VALENTINE IN LOVE"



Buy Link

BLURB
Beautiful Valentine Dupond is haunted by her name.
“Valen-teeen…”she keeps telling people in her scrumptious French accent, “My name is Valen-teeeeen!”

And Valentine doesn’t just have a romantic name; she speaks French the language of love…
Only, her love life is very far from exciting, in fact she does not have one.

Lovely Valentine is a vegetarian veterinarian in Perth, Australia, and lives with a fat cat and a dance crazed-housemate with two left feet.

So where is “l’amour”,you may ask?
Where is the wild romance?
Where, oh WHERE is the French kissing!!!

Well, hold your horses, girls, cause gorgeous red-hot millionaire Joshua Hudgewich is about to enter stage-left and sweep Valentine right off her dancing shoes. Though not without some Drama, of course, and leaving a few dents and bruises on Valentine's tender heart...



EXCERPT:

Two weeks later and everything is back in order. My glowing bronzed tan has faded, my
blonde hair is tied tightly to my head and I have no make-up on during the day at work. I am back to
eating fast foods between patients, medicines, operations, lab tests and urine, faeces and other joyful
excretions and secretions of working as a vet in the largest private animal hospital in Perth.
“Valentine, are you ready for the next patient?” Judy, the receptionist, asks.
“Yes, thanks,” I reply saving the data I had placed in the system. I stood up, stretched my
back, by clasping my hands behind my back, and bending forward until my head touched my knees.
It feels wonderful. ”Mmmmmmm” I enjoy the stretch and slowly lift myself back up.
I finish my stretch straight up and find myself looking at the amused faces of my boss,
Standford Hudgewich and another man. A cute man.
“Oh, hi,” I mumble slightly embarrassed, grabbing a clipboard that happened to be near me
on my desk, and I try to look professional. I actually tap my pen on my clipboard.
Tappity, tappity-tap.
“Hello, Valentine,” Standford drawls in his strong American accent. “This is my kid brother,
Joshua. Josh, this is Valentine.” Kid brother Josh is drop dead, absolutely gorgeous and is not a kidhe
must be at least thirty-five, thirty-six.
He holds out his hand and shakes it warmly as I correct the pronunciation of my name,
” Valenteen, actually. Pleased to meet you, Joshua.” He has a nice firm grip and nice big
hands. My stomach flip flops as I look into his deep hazel eyes. I hope I don’t’ have any blood on my
coat.
I check it out, no- all clean.


 

BIO
Ami C. Samuel is the pen-name of a beautiful, bubbly Mauritian lady; so lovely you'd be forgiven for mistaking her for one of her heroines! Living in Paradise has inspired Ami to write deliciously funny and light-hearted romances, all with a Tropical twist...

Valentine in Love is her first novel, with a second delicious romantic adventure Crystal-balls & Croissants on its way, and a third already in the works!


Buy Link




No comments:

Post a Comment